Perry County Old Courthouse Museum
Built in 1896, the old Perry County Courthouse Museum is made of pressed yellow brick with trim of Bedford limestone. The courthouse was built to replace the first courthouse at Cannelton, which was in a house remodeled for the hasty move of the county seat from Rome in 1859. The building cost $30,000 which was raised by Cannelton citizens and given to the county.
The Perry County Courthouse Museum is dedicated to the collection and preservation of local history and artifacts.